Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Our goal is to make your first visit with us as comfortable and informative as possible.
At your first visit, Dr. Thompson will listen to any concerns you may have and discuss your oral health. She will then perform a thorough clinical examination including radiographs. If needed, a panoramic radiograph will be taken to augment the examination. Following this, Dr. Thompson will discuss her findings and any treatment needed with you.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of dental treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is treatment needed now or can treatment be delayed?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct any problems?
- How long will treatment take – how many visits and how long?
- How much will treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
- Any other questions you may have
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any information provided by your previous dentist.
- Any radiographs taken within the last year.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs, and if appropriate, arrange a payment plan to suit your needs.
If Dr. Thompson decides that treatment is needed, she may need to collect further information, including additional diagnostic radiographs, photos, and if needed, study models. Following careful analysis of your dental records, Dr. Thompson will formulate your unique and individualized treatment plan.
It is important to us that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, treatment options, treatment length and answers to any other questions they may have.
We look forward to helping you keep a healthy and beautiful smile!